The Sons of Norway International Board of Directors established the Lund Fund of the Sons of Norway Foundation in 2010 as a tribute to former Chief Executive Officer, John Lund and former Legal Counsel of Sons of Norway, Allan Lund, for their combined forty years of outstanding service and dedication.
The Lund family has chosen to use this scholarship fund for study abroad experiences through accredited, post high school, educational institutions. No preference shall be given based on the country selected for the study abroad experience. Special consideration shall be given to military veterans.
“We of Norwegian heritage value education. Travel and cross cultural learning has been integral to Norway since Viking times. In our modern era we see the importance of living and studying in a foreign country as an opportunity to meet and understand peoples of different cultures that provides benefit throughout a student’s life.” – John Lund
Who can apply:
- Any current Sons of Norway member, child or grandchild of a current member who demonstrates a keen interest in a post high school study abroad experience. Membership must be in effect at least one calendar year prior to application.
- Those who have a certificate of completion from high school and are enrolled in a recognized educational institution abroad or a study abroad program facilitated by an accredited college or university in the United States.
- If you are not currently enrolled in a post-secondary program you must show proof of enrollment prior to receiving scholarship funding.
- A short autobiography, 150 words or less
- An essay of 500 words or less
- Academic potential
- Financial need
- Letters of recommendation